7/8/14

Life Lately | No Place Like Home

It was a wonderful long weekend, celebrating our country's Independence. We kicked it off just right and had a little family day, just the three of us. We wandered around town and had frozen yogurt and then loaded up the car to head for the hills!

As soon as we get off the highway and start driving on the backroads of Pennsylvania, memories come pouring out and I reflect back on our days living in the small town. I always get so nostalgic for those back windy roads, fresh air, farms to corn fields, gardens & amish buggies. 
There is no doubt I love the city and all it has to offer, but we all need quiet, simple moments. This is just the very place to do so and reflect on all we have to give thanks for.

We enjoyed picnic foods, parades and watching Blake get to roam around wild with his cousins. Catching up right where we left off with family. I especially loved having a quiet moment, to just sit on my parent's porch to take in a thunderstorm with fresh mint tea, in hand. My parent's garden is looking beautiful this year and we were able to enjoy fresh tomatoes to fresh black raspberries straight from their berry bushes.

Along with the festivities of the 4th, we celebrated one of my dearest friend's daughter, Isley, turning TWO! Talk about tears! It was just yesterday we were visiting her and Shayne in the hospital and over the moon excited for their little firecracker's arrival. Blake loved playing with her at the party and I especially loved the cake. It was a cute, intimate little get together, just perfect!

I hope you had a refreshing and fun weekend and made your very own memories, just the same!


No comments:

Post a Comment