7/13/14

Life Lately | Scenes Of Summer So Far

My cool little baby in soho, checking out all the cabbies driving by....
walking hand in hand with papa to his office

It started out as a relaxing Saturday morning in the suburbs with the normal morning routines and last minute decided to go into the city with Justin to his office. I love escaping and since Justin had some unfinished work, Blake and I decided to drive in with him.

I filled up on my daily dose of iced coffee and took off for the day with Blake. One thing I love doing, is walking and exploring all the backstreets and I am pretty sure Blake loves it too, considering, it usually ends up with a sweet treat (we sort have a major sweet tooth over here)

What can I say, Summer in the city...amazing. All the doors to shops are open, all the window's to the restaurant's and bakeries left open with a welcoming look. I love seeing couples and old friend's sitting, enjoying a conversation and relishing in their meals. Most of all, I love seeing Blake, taking it all in and having the same experience that we are.

We took off for the West Village, and strolled around some shops. I found the new Aesop shop open on Bleeker. I love the clean look to the line and all of the products carry a fresh and earthy approach. Go do yourself a favor and snag up one of the resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm's....



We strolled along and escaped the heat after finding a rad playground. Blake was ready to get out of the stroller anyways, so I thought, done deal. I am glad I ended up bringing a change of clothes and shoes for Blake, because I knew he would want to go crazy in the sprinklers! I enjoyed jumping in with him as well...









Afterwards, we strolled around a few more shops and found myself taking Blake to my usual favorite hangout, Washington Square Park and enjoyed some frozen yogurt.














I don't know what it is, but I always find myself walking to WSP. It is such a relaxing getaway in the city full of all the cool kids and people. We usually end up spotting some actor/actress and I always so badly want to walk up and take a picture but I don't really want to be that girl. 

We finished the day off, walking back into soho, taking in the cool breeze that the evening had to offer. I love walking by all the bars and restaurant's at night. The conversations, the people, the scent of all the different type's of foods...

I hope you are all having a fun weekend and staying cool. Summer, you have been good so far and NYC, thanks for the fun. See you real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment