6/24/14

Life Lately | City Adventures

Lately, being that we are only a train ride away from the city, I have the itch to get in and explore with my little man. We decided to go surprise Blake's papa at his office. Justin, my husband, works for a company called The Mill, which is an amazingly talented company and have several locations. The Mill's office is right in soho, so of coarse, there is never a dull moment taking the back streets, along the brick-laid streets and hip stores. 

To fill in some blanks of our little story, we lived in Park Slope, Brooklyn for close to 5 years. As you can imagine, over that time period, I became quite acquainted with the subways and all of our favorite spots, from restaurants to shopping. We felt like maybe we needed to see what living in the small and low key life in central Pennsylvania was like, for our growing little family.  I knew after our relocation at 7 months pregnant, I was a bit saddened to lose those special moments where we would go adventuring off into the city. I also knew that being in the country and quiet was going to be a bit of relief, especially being a new mama. Months in to our relocation, Justin had an offer from The Mill. After his freelancing for the 6 months of baby Blake's life, they offered a chance for us to go to either Chicago, LA or NYC office's but we knew we had the itch to stay east coasters (the small town heart in us and love for family + friends) and get back into the groove of the city life. 

Upon settling into our home in the suburbs of Jersey, we knew we had the best of both worlds. A train ride into the heart of manhattan or a 2 1/2 drive to our hometown. I absolutely love the balance and it is so refreshing to take Blake to experience the diversity, art, food and tall buildings. Amazingly enough, I have found that Blake will nap so well and even the littlest of things, such as changing a diaper, nursing him anywhere ( I mean ANYWHERE) have become so second nature to me. 

His little blue wide eyes have seen so much in the last few months, that it makes my heart smile. As any mother out there, I know we all want the best for our children and seeing them happy is any mama's wish. On our adventure in, we went to papa's office, walked around Washington Square, Central Park and UWS.

Here are some pictures of my little one at his happiest, attached with his sticks and roaming wild and free!







No comments:

Post a Comment