6/24/14

Life Lately | And Away We Go...

My 30th birthday was in April and my husband, Justin, surprised me with a getaway to Florida. Being we never flew with my son Blake (currently pushing 15 months-ack!) we were really debating on a trip and wanting to go somewhere that was warm, palm trees and relaxing. 

My husband picked Fort Myers, where Naples and the Islands of Sanibel and Captiva are located close by. It was a week of bliss and full of memories. The plane ride was just the amount that we could do with Blake, as he did start to get a tad 'bored'... cranky, ready to run, nursing every other 10 mins, animal cracker hoarder, flirting with other lady passengers...


My favorite part about the trip, was seeing Blake loving the sand and water. Seeing him light up when he felt the ocean for the very first time and playing with the sand like a champ! He fell asleep in my arms at one point and took naps under the umbrella, which made things so much easier. We explored the beach and went to the Naples Zoo, ate delicious foods, snacked all day, took naps, hunted for seashells and listened to real estate on repeat. The sunset's were incredible and we couldn't get enough of it. Prior to our trip, I took the plunge and cut my hair. I am so happy I did, as it made for perfect beach hair!

We made the best of it and anticipate our next little getaway! For now, here are a few of my favorite captured moments from our trip.

 


Our baby feeling the sand for the very first time! Something a mama (and papa!) will never forget!


Sunset's like these, will forever be stamped in my mind! Blake Fell asleep on my shoulders. Nothing but the ocean and waves unraveling, with my baby in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment