11/18/14

Taste: Recipes | Suppertime Beef Stew

Well the chill in the air sure has me begging to curl up on the couch, wrapped up in a blanket with a mug of tea. I know we have not had the snow fall, like some midwestern folks, but we do have that wind and cold rain to hint to us that winter is coming.
What better way to keep warm, than to make stew, a crock pot stew! What an easy and hearty supper this was to make and enjoy. Crockpot's are just the best and the smell that fills the home is even greater! Feel free to get creative and add anything else, maybe potatoes, crushed tomatoes, whatever else your tastebuds are craving. I kept it simple with some groceries that I picked up at my favorite Trader joes and dug out the bag of frozen snapped green beans from my parent's garden, I had tucked away from my last visit. We all loved it and even a certain little boy had grabby hands for the spoon to dig in. ha!  Enjoy!

Market List:
Beef Stew
1 package of Beef Stew Meat
Beef Broth
1 frozen bag of  peas
1 frozen bag of green beans
1 can of mushroom soup
1 package of  mushrooms
1 bag of carrots
(feel free to add potatoes, if you want it extra hearty and filling)
1 white onion

Beef Stew Recipe
Brown and make sure beef stew meat is cooked well and toss into crock pot
2 cups of beef broth
2 cups of water
add your can of mushroom soup (i used portabello mushroom soup) 
wash well and toss in package of mushrooms
peel and chop/cut 4 large carrots ( i used a variation of colors to add different taste)
bag of peas
bag of green beans
chop onion and add to recipe
salt and pepper and let sit and simmer up to 5 hours
*I like to sprinkle some fresh mozzarella cheese on top and fresh bread or rolls complete it



No comments:

Post a Comment