11/9/14

Nesting | DIY Holiday Wreath

Okay, So I guess it was the fact that almost all of my pumpkins from Halloween bit the bullet and the old wreath I had hanging had to be thrown away, I needed something to spruce up our front door. I wanted a new wreath that would transition from November into the holiday spirit of December. I love the holidays, everything about it makes me so giddy and this year is by far, the best. We were unpacking and really trying to feel things out last year. Though we did have a tree up, there was a lack of holiday cheer. Moving in was exciting but unpacking with a baby and a husband with a busy schedule, not so much. This year, BRING IT ON! Now that we are officially settled in, we can transform our little gingerbread house into a Christmas Wonderland. (I think you can sense the excitement!)
As I strolled down Trader Joe's aisle, completing my shopping list with my little guy, I spotted the beautiful eucalyptus and berries and knew I wanted to make use of those items. I had some leftover billy bob's at the house and all I needed was a frame for the main piece.
I picked up the eucalyptus for 2.99. I stopped by the craft store for a 4.99 wooden wreath and a pack of wire rim berries that were 50% off for 2.99.
I cut and added pieces of the eucalyptus and weaved it in between the spaces of the wreath frame, naturally allowing it to take formation. The few berry pieces that I cut, I were able to make use of the metal wiring in it, which made it easy to wrap around in spaces of the wreath. Next, I added a few pieces of the pretty, dried billy bob. That yellow really added in a nice pop.
I have a berry tree here, so I intend to cut pieces and slowly add much more red and orange berries and a few more things to encourage the Holiday Spirit, once Thanksgiving is past. I hope to show more around the home with you. For now, I'm enjoying that wonderful eucalyptus scent ,each time I arrive and leave at the doorway!
Enjoy making your own wreath and get creative! It is such an inexpensive and yet pretty way to add some flair to any door.









No comments:

Post a Comment