11/3/14

Life Lately | November Promises

I read these beautiful words one morning, while drinking my coffee and the words resounded into my heart.


Gracious God,

Thank you for the gift of today.

Refresh me. Invite me to discover your presence
In each person that I meet
And every event that I encounter.
Teach me when to speak and when to listen
When to ponder and when to share.
In moments of challenge and decision
Attune my heart to the whisperings of your Wisdom.
As I undertake ordinary and unnoticed tasks,
Gift me with simple joy.
When my day goes well, may I rejoice.
When it grows difficult, surprise me with
New possibilities.
When life is overwhelming, call me to
Sabbath moments
To restore your Peace and Harmony.
May my living today reveal your Goodness.
Amen.
-Pat Bergen, C.S.J.

I don't know how you feel, but it sure is a gift to awaken each day, a new day, with a healthy and fresh start. That whole passage is beautiful but those precious 5 words, "Gift me with simple joy" spoke to me. Sure, we all get led into the pressure's of the everyday need/want mentality. How can you not, we live in a crazy world. The trick is shutting it off and finding the solace of desiring your own life.
This month of November, I want to simply start it off right with as much Thanksgiving and gratefulness in my heart. Seeking only to be happy with what I have. A cozy and warm home filled with snacks and food to curl up on the couch as a family. The weekend's where time is never an obstacle and we truly get to sit down and converse over the day, watching our little one dig into his basket's of toys to find that perfect one to coyly look up and hand to us, with an eagerness to allow us to join in on his creative world of play. Oh his little mind...
Those moment's are good enough for me, a lasting joy! So for this month, I am eager to keep faith and join in on seeking happiness in all things. My wish for you, is to find that joy and hold onto it as well. Allow November's Promises to really seep in and smile, because you have more than enough, you are enough, life is good.


photo via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment