8/14/14

Life Lately | Slow Mornings


A sweet breeze is blowing throughout our house this morning, yet it almost has a hint of Autumn lingering in with it. I am still enjoying these last few weeks of what is left of summer and there is always something special about the remainder of August.

The last few weeks, I have seen a mega jump in Blake and his little personality is flourishing! It has been so fun to watch and I get giddy thinking of the little person he is and is meant to become. I admit, it isn't always easy to watch them grow up, wistful for those newborn days.

It has been something that has been on my mind these days. So many expectations on us mother's... 
Everyone putting in their very own two cent's of how our babies should be. At what point they should be doing this and saying that yet, somewhere along the journey, we can either keep searching in hopes of the "perfect answer" or learn to be accepting and enjoy the ever present moment in the process. I choose to accept and embrace the beauty in the time passing us by because along with it all there is a lot of honest to goodness stuff happening. 
I will miss the mess on the floor after he eat's and even the most tiniest of smeared hand print's on the dishwasher. The little shrieks and giggles I hear as he is being tickled by his father in the bedroom in the morning. Let's not forget about those goofy dance moves to head banging when music is played. How he is ever insisting we place him on top of his little play push-mower and push him around. (and oh that face when he is in the glory of that moment) Reading books and having him show off his favorite pictures and insisting reading to us in a sweet babble. The way he thinks he is big stuff because he completely wailed the heck out of a drum session on his mini drum set. (I'm just putting it out there, mama moment, we may have ourselves a mini musician on our hands!) Seeing him stand at the bottom of the steps to yell, "Hey, Dad" or rather, more like "Aiyyy Daaa". Then there are the moments where I can sit down anywhere and he is right there to push his way in and plop down in my lap. The most loving and giving moment's of this little season we are in, is the way he looks at you and curls up those baby lips to lean in for a kiss when you say, I Love You.

Please do not think for a minute, with the rolled eyes like everything is all sunshine and rainbows over here. Those sweet moments are easy to remember but so are the hard ones, just the same! I am nowhere near perfection and there are days where I feel frazzled and still in my pj's at 2pm with a greasy top knot (topknot-because atleast you can feel somewhat fancy, right?!) I have had numerous days where all I really want is a hotel room to catch up on sleep and hide away in the closet with a bottle of wine and indulge in that dark chocolate bar I hid away for a special occasion or even just have some quiet time. The nights where all I have are a few extra minutes until my husband arrives home from work and I hope he doesn't take notice to the toys that are strewn everywhere and that dinner was not even made. (or thought of) Or that I didn't have even a single quiet moment to just read a book or just effortlessly flip the page of a magazine, which is a true treat, because the day just seemed to slip away...

So as you see 'these are the days' as the saying goes. The hard times, bittersweet times and the happiest of times. With that being said, I am learning to grow right along with Blake, by his side. It is a beautiful and exciting season to be in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment